Tuesday 22 June 2010

Noise at the airport

I am one of the two City Councillors on the Liverpool John Lennon airport noise monitoring sub committee.

In fact I am now deputy chair of this.

I wonder if anyone living near the airport has actually ever heard of this group.

Our meetings mainly consist of a list of complaints made to the airport and the airport's replies. But I am not at all sure it's clear to people how to complain and who to complain to.

Now I don't want to whip up complaints where none actually exist. But it strikes me that if this group exists, the least we could do is make sure people know about us and how to register noise issues.

In the past I have suggested more proactive PR about the committee but have had these suggestions met with puzzlement or indifference. I'd be interested to know what people who live near the airport actually think

No comments: