Friday 7 May 2010

The result

Well I lost in Garston and Halewood.

It's sort of a new seat so it's hard to make a hard and fast statement about the change in votes from last time. But it is true to say that Labour now has a large majority here.

I came second.

I loved taking part in the campaign. I loved meeting all the different people and talking about a range of interesting issues (I predict that next time e mail queries on policy issues will be even more significant)

I would have loved to be MP for Garston and Halewood and I haven't given up yet (although I am about to have a bit of a rest)

Sadly my colleague Colin failed to win Wavertree. He put his heart and soul into the campaign and it was heartbreaking to see him lose. Colin would have made an excellent MP and, I hope, still will in future.

No comments: