Wednesday 30 March 2011

Rotters Community Composting and waste collections in Garston

Just back from the City Council's Environment and Climate Change Committee.  I had a question in about Rotters, the project on Dutch Farm in Garston.

One of the things I wanted to know was the knock on effect of the loss of funding on some of Rotters' work.

The organisation has been doing some green waste collection on behalf of the Council in the Garston area.

I discovered tonight that about 500 of the properties that have been covered by Rotters will in future be covered by the Council.  I was told this change was due to happen around 12th April and that  there would be communication with residents about this (not least of all because there may be a need to deliver some green bins).

So if you live in a part of Garston currently covered by Rotters, you may hear something very soon.  Please let me know if your Rotters collection stops but nothing takes its place as I'll be happy to chase up.

In the longer term, Rotters is a great organisation and I'm keen to see it thrive and grow, particularly given the great ideas around the South Liverpool Food Alliance.  I'll blog again about this in what I hope is the not too distant future.

No comments: