Saturday 5 November 2011

Takeaway on Greenhill road -update

A few weeks ago  a planning application for a takeaway on Greenhill Road (by the corner with Melbreck) was turned down.  Local people were pleased because there'd been all sorts of worries about smells, litter, traffic etc.

I've now heard that another application has come in for the same site.  It's still an application for a takeaway from the same person although the opening hours are a bit different and there are different arrangements for the fumes and the front of the shop.

I've had a look at the application and to be honest it presents the same problems as the earlier one so I have objected.

I'm not sure how widely the official letters will go about this but I have written to people living nearby to let them know.

The deadline for comments is later in November.  You can find basic details on the City Council's website here

No comments: