Friday 15 August 2008

Corporate Services Select Committee

Went to my second Corporate Services Select Committee earlier this week. I am one of the three Executive Members reporting to this (although it would be fair to say that the areas covered by the other two - Flo Clucas and Steve Hurst - take up more than two thirds of the items). A few things relevant to me though - the work on relationships between members and officers and other parts of the "ethical governance" work.

At one point we were talking about the ethical side of financial investments. I have asked for a report in future about this in relation to the Merseyside Pension Fund. My colleague Richard Oglethorpe, with all party support, proposed a motion to the last Full Council meeting about this. The Chair, Andrew Makinson, said we would have a report back on how these efforts are getting on at a future meeting.

No comments: